NeverAlone

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NeverAlone
NeverAlone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» Association of ideas
The tv lounge EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 5:24 am by Those Interrupted

» IM BACCCCCCCCCCK!!!!!!
The tv lounge EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 9:44 am by Cariad Admin

» Im going away
The tv lounge EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 9:59 am by Cariad Admin

» How are you feeling using emotions!
The tv lounge EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 11:48 pm by Those Interrupted

» HOW ARE YOU FEELING TODAY..POST A IMAGE
The tv lounge EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 11:04 am by Cariad Admin

» centre for mental health/crisis contacts
The tv lounge EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 10:04 am by Cariad Admin

» rethink mental illness
The tv lounge EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 9:51 am by Cariad Admin

» Mind, the mental health charity.
The tv lounge EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 9:48 am by Cariad Admin

» Quick note everyone needs to read please
The tv lounge EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 5:53 pm by Gabeangel

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The tv lounge

4 posters

Go down

The tv lounge Empty The tv lounge

Post by Gabeangel Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:31 pm

This is a thread to share our favourite tv shows:

What are you obsessed with watching? Who do you ship with who? (Dean and Castiel from Supernatural for me!!!) Have you watched anything lately that made you think or that you think others might enjoy too?

Chat about it here!

Come and slob with us on the sofa and let's all grow square eyes together (am i showing my age by saying that? Do people still threaten children with their eyes going square if they watch too much telly? Lol)

As always, please trigger warn any heavier subjects
Gabeangel
Gabeangel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The tv lounge Empty Re: The tv lounge

Post by Those Interrupted Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:42 pm

I don't watch much TV, but there are two shows that I like. The first is the science fiction show "Warehouse 13." I am a hardcore HG X Myka shipper. Razz Season 5 never happened, though, just saying. Smile

The other show I like is "The Following," which is action/crime. It can be pretty dark, but it has cannon queer characters and I enjoy it.
-Katherine
Those Interrupted
Those Interrupted

http://did-research.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabeangel Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:51 pm

I love warehouse 13 too!

Cariad likes The Following...i put my headphones on when she's watching it lol
Gabeangel
Gabeangel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Those Interrupted Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:02 pm

Then you know what I mean about season 5. XD

Oooh, really? She'll have to post here so we can talk about it. Smile
-Katherine
Those Interrupted
Those Interrupted

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesG Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:47 am

I don't really watch a lot of television as my Dad is generally in charge of the remote! When I do I like to watch Hollyoaks and Holby City but that's about it really. I really enjoyed the recent Channel 4 series Humans and I hope that comes back for a second series
JamesG
JamesG
Finding my feet
Finding my feet

Back to top Go down

Post by haydnmaher91 Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:51 am

Im in the same boat i hardly watch tv as there is nothing on , but at the moment im into the 2nd season of game of thrones , waiting for walking dead . Im also in the proccess of watching goodnight sweetheart all over again best tv show to date!
haydnmaher91
haydnmaher91
Wall flower
Wall flower

http://manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesG Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:44 am

I too really enjoy Game of Thrones which I think is an excellent programme. Unfortunately I've not managed to catch up with that or The Walking Dead. In the past I used really enjoy watching The Royle Family which is my all time favourite comedy programme

Other programmes I like to watch that I forgot to include are The Big Bang Theory, Tipping Point and The Simpsons. If I had to choose my all time favourite TV show it would probably be The Simpsons because it was the first one I remember watching when I was younger and I have fond memories of watching it with my Dad - although these days I don't get to watch it very much unfortunately
JamesG
JamesG
Finding my feet
Finding my feet

Back to top Go down

Post by haydnmaher91 Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:47 am

I have virgin so i cant watch GOT on cable so have to pay 1.89 an episode on xbox video . Its proving to be rather expensive .
haydnmaher91
haydnmaher91
Wall flower
Wall flower

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesG Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:51 am

It's the same for me as well unfortunately. I used to have Sky but it was too expensive so my Dad switched to Virgin Media which was a good move in terms of internet reliability and there's generally a good choice of television programmes. I'll probably get Game of Thrones on DVD at some point in the future as my Dad enjoys it as well so it'll be nice to watch them with him
JamesG
JamesG
Finding my feet
Finding my feet

Back to top Go down

Post by haydnmaher91 Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:54 am

Yeah i think virgin are better value for money just a few channels that sky wont share . Think sky best broadband is 40 last time i checked for fibre optic unless they have updated it . Im currently recieving 152 download . So cant really complain
haydnmaher91
haydnmaher91
Wall flower
Wall flower

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesG Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:00 am

I agree it is much better value for money - I'm also on Virgin Mobile which is excellent for reliability and the cost of texts and calls. Generally I watch programmes on the normal channels (BBC, ITV, Channel 4 etc) but I sometimes I'll watch Dave, Syfy or the Discovery Channel if there's anything interesting on those channels
JamesG
JamesG
Finding my feet
Finding my feet

Back to top Go down

Post by haydnmaher91 Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:09 am

I am with virgin mobile also but have bad signal . Best i get is 1 bar . I hardly watch any tv which is pretty stupid considering the price i pay . But couldnt do without it lol
haydnmaher91
haydnmaher91
Wall flower
Wall flower

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesG Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:14 am

I generally get a good signal although I don't really use my mobile very often - it's for emergencies more than anything else. My Dad watches the TV a lot more than I do and I'm the only one who uses the internet so it works well on both sides really

I'm glad Match of the Day is back on now so it gives me something to look forward to watching on Saturday evenings - as well as the new Football League show on Channel 5 so I can watch the highlights of my Championship team
JamesG
JamesG
Finding my feet
Finding my feet

Back to top Go down

Post by haydnmaher91 Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:20 am

I told them about my signal problems then i got a letter through the post demanding over 500 pound for the cancellation fee , never asked to cancell but oh well . Im watching match of the day atm , its been rather boring
haydnmaher91
haydnmaher91
Wall flower
Wall flower

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesG Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:12 pm

That's a lot of money for a cancellation fee - especially if you didn't ask for one which is even more bizarre

I'm not watching anything this evening as there's nothing on that I like watching on a Sunday. Might watch MOTD2 later if anything exciting happens!
JamesG
JamesG
Finding my feet
Finding my feet

Back to top Go down

Post by haydnmaher91 Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:31 pm

Sunday is a film day for me lol, currently on the last lord of the rings , this must be thr tenth time , never bores me
haydnmaher91
haydnmaher91
Wall flower
Wall flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabeangel Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:38 am

I don't think I've watched season 5 yet. I can't remember where I watched to but then I couldn't find the rest online at the time. I hadn't checked for a while but you saying that just made me think to check netflix again and they do have up to season 5 now so I'm gonna have some watching to do lol. Maybe I can have a warehouse 13 marathon while Cariad is away to keep my mind off it. I just need to work out where I got up to coz I totally can't remember which season it was now!

I told Cariad to come talk with you about The Following. She makes me laugh coz she gets addicted to one thing after another. Each time she finishes all the seasons of one program she gets really sad and then a few days later she'll show me a new one she's addicted to lol
...right now it's Supernatural. That's how I got into it coz she was watching them beside me and I was like 'I've seen a lot of people talking about that on Tumblr...I want to watch with you to see what they are all raving about'...and now I'm obsessed with it too!

That must really suck James, not getting to choose what you watch most of the time.

I used to watch Holby City and I really enjoyed the storylines...unfortunately I'm emetophobic so although I enjoyed it I was also in a state of anxiety the entire time waiting for the inevitable moments when someone would throw up. eventually I got to a point where the level of anxiety was stronger than the level of enjoyment.

I love goodnight sweetheart. I haven't watched it for ages thought.

I saw Humans advertised in an email from netflix and thought it looked interesting. Is it as good as it looks?

Game of Thrones is another one Cariad loves and Walking Dead too so I'm sure she'll enjoy having someone to talk with about those too. We have Virgin too Haydn but Cariad watches it online. I'll have to get her to come tell you what site it is so you wont have to keep paying for it.

I love Big Bang Theory too but Cariad hates it so I have to watch it when she's not around lol

We have a lot of trouble with connection on both our telly and internet with Virgin. We even had our phone stop working at one point (we are on Virgin for all 3 as it works out cheeper that way). It's definately better economy wise than Sky and better in both economy and service than our experience of Talk Talk. We're on 3 with mobile but they've been really messing us around recently so we are planning on moving over to Virgin for that too when the contracts run out.

It's pretty bad them sending you that letter Haydn!

I watched the first 2 Lord of the Rings but Cariad hates them and because she doesn't want to watch it with me I haven't ever got a chance to watch the last one. Is it good?

Since my physical symptoms got so much worse recently I find it hard to watch much. By the time I have used the strength that it takes to come online and maybe watched some of whatever Cariad is watching, I am pretty exhausted and can't focus on anything else. When I have a good day then I make the most of it by doing something like some origami or writing or cooking something for Cariad and the kids if my carer is here to help me, so watching telly too often just feels like a waste of strength a lot of the time...especially since I became too ill to sit in the living room without getting really ill as a result. I've got so many things I'd like to watch but never get around to lol
Gabeangel
Gabeangel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Those Interrupted Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:46 am

Season 5 kind of sucked. Razz So good luck with that! But yeah, you can probably just rewatch some old episodes as well and just marathon even more!

I mean, I say that, but I can' remember the last time I watched more than one episode in a day or even a week, so. :')

I can't even remember what service we use, but it's worked fine for us for years. On the other hand, America, so! Can't promise you guys even have it over there!
-Katherine
Those Interrupted
Those Interrupted

Back to top Go down

Post by haydnmaher91 Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:59 am

Yeah the last lord of the rings is pretty awesome if your with virgin i think its on demand , and dont get me started on talktalk lol , i was with them and its the worst i have ever made regarding a decision between sky , talktalk and virgin . Have you had virgin come out and see whats wrong ? Its free of charge . I sort all my problems through the virgin media forum . Where its manned by actual virgin media staff . Its easier for me as im no good on phone , that may be a option ?
haydnmaher91
haydnmaher91
Wall flower
Wall flower

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesG Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:05 am

Gabeangel wrote:
That must really suck James, not getting to choose what you watch most of the time.

I used to watch Holby City and I really enjoyed the storylines...unfortunately I'm emetophobic so although I enjoyed it I was also in a state of anxiety the entire time waiting for the inevitable moments when someone would throw up. eventually I got to a point where the level of anxiety was stronger than the level of enjoyment.

I love goodnight sweetheart. I haven't watched it for ages thought.

I saw Humans advertised in an email from netflix and thought it looked interesting. Is it as good as it looks?

It can do at times Gabe but thanks to the BBC iPlayer and Channel 4OD I don't miss a great deal of what I like to watch. As long as my Dad is happy watching whatever he wants to on the TV I don't mind too much. The only thing we both watch on TV is Tipping Point, The Chase and Star Trek

The only thing I really don't like watching on Holby City is if one of the characters has an operation. I feel quite queasy and whilst I don't mind blood as such I really don't like the idea of somebody operating on me while I'm asleep - so I look away if watching it on the TV or go onto another tab if I'm watching it on the iPlayer

Humans was really good I thought - the storyline was very good and it kept me engaged throughout the series. I'd certainly recommend it!
JamesG
JamesG
Finding my feet
Finding my feet

Back to top Go down

Post by haydnmaher91 Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:07 am

Netflix has prison break also if anyone has seen it ? Truely amazing
haydnmaher91
haydnmaher91
Wall flower
Wall flower